Hi, welcome to my media coursework blog. My name is Audrey King Lassman (0397) and I am working in Group 3 with Chrystal Li (0470), Brandon Poonwasie (0660) and Juliette Wileman (0875). You can navigate my blog by clicking on the labels at the right hand side.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!
Here is the link to Group 3's Facebook group, where we discuss and plan things for the project:

Our music video

Our Website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 2 July 2014

4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

My experience of the prelim has meant that next year, I won't be completely opposed to performing in the music video we make for our coursework if necessary.

performing in the remake
Also, because I now know to lip sync properly, the music video next year is more likely to look professional if I have to perform.

More importantly, I realised how much planning and organisation is necessary to ensure a music video shoot can take place. This will be essential next year, because I will know, for example, to allocate a set time for each shot and set up, and to make a shoot board, set ups list, etc.


I've realised that props are also essential. The remake would have been impossible to make without all the props that we had:
pills

bike, bus stop, zebra crossing

instruments

deckchairs, barbecue, umbrella etc.
We will have to plan what props we need in advance to make sure that it is actually possible for us to use them.

I also understand the importance of costume preparation and planning what people will wear in advance. Also, I saw that a music video looks much better when the performers are wearing lots of make-up, something that before I didn't think was absolutely necessary.


The editing experience was also essential. Next term when we are making an original video for our coursework, I will already know how a music video is edited, and because we won't have to worry about matching it to an original video, I won't have to worry too much about the technical aspects of editing. I'll hopefully be able to focus instead on making creative decisions that will ensure the shots are constructed well to make an original music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment