Hi, welcome to my media coursework blog. My name is Audrey King Lassman (0397) and I am working in Group 3 with Chrystal Li (0470), Brandon Poonwasie (0660) and Juliette Wileman (0875). You can navigate my blog by clicking on the labels at the right hand side.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!
Here is the link to Group 3's Facebook group, where we discuss and plan things for the project:

Our music video

Our Website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 2 July 2014

1. Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

For the most part, I enjoyed the workshop day a lot! I enjoyed the performance aspect. Even though I was nervous before, I found that I could actually do it better than I thought I would be able to, and it was fun. It was also a lot easier to be confident after I had been all made up and was wearing my costume, which was this:

It was also my first experience of being properly in front of a camera, so that was exciting.

Mostly I enjoyed the workshop day because of how professional the studio looked with all the equipment:

I had never seen a studio like that before, and it gave me an idea of what a real production might look like.
I was excited by all the equipment, especially the monitors that connected to the camera so you could see what was being filmed:
monitor
It was also fun to watch some parts of the music video being filmed, in particular the poolside scenes because the set looked amazing.
poolside set up

I had the opportunity to go up to the lighting desk and learn about how the lighting is controlled. It wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I was confused when he was explaining it, because he was just pointing to random buttons and saying what each random button did but I couldn't really understand it or remember anything he said. I did enjoy sitting up at the lighting desk, though, and looking at the set from above.

lighting desk

set from the lighting desk
Although there was lots to look at on the set, I didn't feel like it was enough to fill the entire day. I finished my shots at 10:30 am, and I had more than eight hours left. It was also very hot in the studio and eventually I wished the day could be over. Despite this, I still really enjoyed the workshop day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment