Hi, welcome to my media coursework blog. My name is Audrey King Lassman (0397) and I am working in Group 3 with Chrystal Li (0470), Brandon Poonwasie (0660) and Juliette Wileman (0875). You can navigate my blog by clicking on the labels at the right hand side.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!
Here is the link to Group 3's Facebook group, where we discuss and plan things for the project:

Our music video

Our Website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover

Wednesday 2 July 2014

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?

For the most part, I am pleased with the footage and my edit. 


I am pleased with this part of the video, with the guitars:

I like the grading here, and the way that the visual matches the audio. 

I also like how the white scenes look:
I'm pleased with the grading here, and the way that it cuts between the male and female bands.

I also liked the footage for the poolside scenes, partly because of the grading but mostly because of the set and the props that we had:


What I didn't like was this shot:
In the original video, it is obvious that the singer is talking to the female character, but in our edit it just looks like he can't lip sync properly. We probably could have made this better by choosing a different shot to use here.

I also didn't really like the framing for this shot:
The camera was positioned to suit Josh's height, and because he is quite tall, when I am being filmed here you can't see the guitar. It would have been better if they had re-positioned the camera, even if that isn't what the original video does. 

I didn't like the grading for the photography shots, because it looks too pink compared to the original video:
original
our edit
Despite these problems, mostly I was very happy with the footage and our edit. Our edit mostly matched my expectations, and the footage looked very professional and much better than I expected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment