Hi, welcome to my media coursework blog. My name is Audrey King Lassman (0397) and I am working in Group 3 with Chrystal Li (0470), Brandon Poonwasie (0660) and Juliette Wileman (0875). You can navigate my blog by clicking on the labels at the right hand side.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!
Here is the link to Group 3's Facebook group, where we discuss and plan things for the project:

Our music video

Our Website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Initial research, influences and ideas: Suitable tracks for the single

Choosing a suitable track is what I've found the most difficulty with.
One idea is "18 Candles" by Nina Nesbitt:


This song is by a solo artist, and I want to use a band for my music video, but because she plays with a band, it still sounds like a band, so it wouldn't affect that. 
Nina Nesbitt is a singer songwriter and her music ranges from songs she plays by herself with a guitar to tracks that sound like pop songs, but this one I think sounds like a pop/rock/folk crossover, which I would be happy to do. 
Listening to the track makes me imagine a performance/conceptual video, but narrative could be included too. The song is about growing up and we could include themes about that, although I'm not sure how literal it would be. I imagine including fantasy elements and people in strange costumes, like the angel in Ed Sheeran's "Give Me Love":
(I've included the music video below, although the video as a whole is not the kind of thing I'm thinking of, and neither is the style of music - just the angel)

While I would enjoy making a music video to this song, what I had in mind would be something fitting more within the indie/alternative rock genre, but it's harder to decide on something appropriate from that because most of the songs I know and like from the genre already have their own music videos, and I don't have any specific track in mind at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment